We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation.
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
privacy at Google
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
People who use The InBuild site.
InBuild offers various services to the public, we may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users,but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
We have to hold the details of the people who have requested the service in order to provide it. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested and for other closely related purposes. For example, we might use information about people who have requested a publication to carry out a survey to find out if they are happy with the level of service they received. When people do subscribe to our services, they can cancel their subscription at any time and are given an easy way of doing this.
InBuild tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of InBuild’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser or prospective purchaser of any business or asset that we are or are contemplating selling;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(4) International data transfers
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently at £10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(5) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(6) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.